|Company Name||Japan Superconductor Technology, Inc.|
|Founded||April 1, 2002|
|Shareholder||KOBE STEEL, LTD. 100%|
|1.Manufacture and sales of the following items:|
|NbTi and Nb3Sn superconducting wire
High-resolution NMR magnets
Various magnets for MRI
Various magnets for industry and research
Component parts and accessory for superconducting magnet
|2. Installation and set up of the above items.|
|3. Consulting business for superconducting and low temperature technologies .|
|1964||Start R&D on superconducting wire at the Asada Research Laboratory of Kobe Steel, Ltd.|
|1980||Start sales of NbTi superconducting wire
|1983||Start sales of Nb3Sn superconducting wire
|1989||Japan Magnet Technology, Inc. (JMT) is established to handle superconducting magnet business
|1990||Start joint development of 750 MHz NMR magnet with MIT
Deliver a 400 MHz wide NMR magnet
|1992||Start cold shipping of NMR magnets
Deliver a 1.5 T MRI magnet
Deliver a 500 MHz NMR magnet
|1994||Deliver the world's first 750 MHz NMR magnet
|1995||Start supplying wire to Bruker for NMR magnets
Start supplying NMR magnets to JEOL Ltd.
Join project to develop 1GHz NMR magnet
|1996||Deliver a cryogen-free superconducting magnet
|1998||Deliver an 800MHz NMR magnet
|2001||Complete a high-resolution NMR superconducting
magnet with world's highest magnetic field of 920 MHz *1
|2002||JMT's magnet business is merged with Kobe Steel's
superconducting wire business to form Japan
Superconductor Technologｙ, Inc. (JASTEC)
|2003||Start delivery of FT-ICR magnets to Thermo Electron Corp.
|2004||Complete a high-resolution NMR superconducting magnet
with world's highest magnetic field of 930 MHz *2
Total of 100 cryogen-free superconducting magnets shipped
Deliver a zero boil-off 7.0 T/400 SS MRI magnet
Complete a 20 T research magnet
|2006||Deliver a Super Self Shield (SSS) High-resolution NMR magnet|
|2007||Achieve 150 sets of deliver records for cryogen-free superconducting magnet|
|2008||Start supplying Nb3Sn superconducting wire for TF-coil of ITER project
Start delivery of magnet for extremity MRI
|2010||Achieve 1000 sets of NMR magnet delivery|
|2011||Succeed to generate world highest magnetic field of 24.0T in cooperation with NIMS
(National Institute of Materials Science)
Achieve 150 sets of deliver records for cryogen-free superconducting magnet
|2012||Receive “innovation Award” from GE Healthcare
10th anniversary after establishment as JASTEC
|2013||Start supplying Nb3Sn superconducting strand and conductor for CS-coil of ITER project|
*1,2 The 920 MHz and 930 MHz high-resolution NMR magnets were jointly developed by
|Chiba University, Dalian University of Technology (PR China), Fukui University,
Hokkaido University, Iwate University, Keio University, Kobe University,
Kyoto University, Kyushu University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA),
Nagoya University, Niigata University, Northeastern University (PR China),
Northwestern Polytechnic University (PR China), Oosaka University,
Saitama University, Shinshu University, Sophia University,
Tsinghua University (PR China), Tsukuba University, Tohoku University,
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo University of Science, University of Tokyo,
Waseda University, Yamagata University, Yamanashi University,
Yokohama National University, etc.
|Central Research Institute of Electrical Power Industry, International Superconductivity Technology Center, Japan Atomic Energy Agency, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute (KERI, Korea), National Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, National Institute for Fusion Science, National Institute for Material Science, RIKEN,Railway Technical Research Laboratory.National Institute of Radiological Science. etc.|
|Ajinomoto Co., Inc., Burker Biospin AG (Switzerland), Burker Biospin GmbH (Germany),
GE Healthcare （USA）, Gｙcom (Russia), Canon Inc., Hitachi Ltd., JEOL Ltd.,
JFE Holdings,Inc., Kobe Steel, Ltd.,,Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Panasonic Corporation,
Kawasaki Heary Industries, Ltd., Shin-etsu Chemical Co.,Ltd, Sony Corporation,
CHUBU Electric Power Co.,Inc., TDK Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation,
JEOL Resonance Inc, Agilent Technologies UK Limited(UK), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.(Germany)
|1. Environmental philosophy|
As a member of the Kobe Steel Group, Japan Superconductor Technologies, Inc. implements environmentally-friendly business activities based on the Group's environmental management policy. The superconducting wire and magnet products that we supply allow electrical currents to be supplied with zero resistance, and are capable of contributing to significant savings in terms of energy consumption. These products are currently being utilized in the development of energy saving equipment used in the transmission of electric power, electricity generators, and fusion reactors, etc. Through the supply of these kinds of products and technology, we aim to preserve a healthy global environment for future generations, and in our business activities, become an environmentally-friendly corporation capable of effectively coexisting with local communities.
|2. Action guidelines|
The following items will be continuously implemented through the efforts of all employees of our company.
2) Compliance with environmentally-related regulations and other requirements our company agrees with, as well as the implementation of measures designed to prevent environmental contamination.
3) Reductions in carbon dioxide emissions and water discharge levels, and reductions and recycling of waste materials in order to create a recycling-oriented society with a minimum impact on the environment.
4) The establishment of environmental goals and the implementation of regular reviews of these goals as well as continuous improvements.
5) The implementation of education and training designed to allow all employees to gain an understanding of our company's environmental policy and continuously implement activities in accordance with this policy.
6) Participation in environmental conservation activities carried out by local communities.
7) Disclosure of the results of the implementation of activities based on our company's environmental policy and environmental management system.
|1. Quality philosophy|
A solid commitment to manufacturing that meets the needs and expectations of our customers and society, constant efforts to achieve customer satisfaction and heightened social trust, and providing our employees with a joy for manufacturing through the continuous expansion of our company.
|2. Fundamental quality policy|
All employees involved in activities related to the quality of JASTEC products will, based on our company's quality philosophy, act in accordance with the following policies.
1) All employees will respond appropriately and promptly to customer demands in order to solidly establish our company as a provider of "world class quality" in the business fields in which we are involved.
2) Quality management systems will be implemented through fulfillment of the responsibilities of each employee based on our company's quality manuals, and with emphasis placed on the sangen principle (go to the site, make a direct observation, and determine the facts).
3) PDCA cycles will be thoroughly implemented within and between each division and process, and by each employee, and improvements in the effectiveness of our quality management systems will continue to be made with imagination and ingenuity.
|Quality management systems|
Our magnet factory and wire factory acquired ISO9001:2015 certification as an international standard of quality management system, which is replaced from ISO9001:2008.
Our magnet factory has acquired the ISO13485:2016, which is an international standard of quality management systems for medical apparatus.
Head Office and Seishin Factory
Takatsukadai 1-5-5, Nishi-ku, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan.
Komorie 2-2-1, Moji-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Kitashinagawa 5-9-12, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Copyright © 2009 JAPAN SUPERCONDUCTOR TECHNOLOGY, INC. (JASTEC) ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.